The BlackBerry devices that have media card capabilities are from the 81xx, 83xx, 88xx and 9000 series.
All of these series use a MicroSD card and have the following maximum capacities:
BlackBerry Device Software Media Card Size Limit
BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 — Up to 2 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 — Up to 4 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 — Up to 4 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 — Up to 8 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 — Up to 8 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 22.214.171.124 and above — Up to 16 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 — Up to 32 GB
- Turn off your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Press the battery cover release button and slide off the battery cover.
- Remove the battery.
- Slide the media card holder door toward its hinges to unlock it.
- Open the media card holder door.
- Place the media card into the slots in the media card holder door so that the metal contacts on the media card align with the metal contacts on your BlackBerry smartphone when the media card holder door is closed.
- Close the media card holder door.
- Slide the media card holder door away from its hinges to lock it.
On the Bold (9000), the media card access is located on the lower left side of the device – NOT under the battery. Simply slide the door open (it opens “up”), press on the memory card to activate the spring loaded mechanism to eject the media card. To insert a media card, slide it into the slot until it catches and close the cover.