Want to change the tone you hear when you get an SMS, MMS, or IM? Want to change the ringer for the phone? Follow these directions to edit the Profiles area on the device:
1. Select the Profiles icon
2. A box will appear where you can quick select between Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, Phone Only, and Off. If you wish to quick change the device profiles then select the one you want and exit out.
3. If you want to edit the tones assigned to the device applications then select the last option, Advanced
(some older models and OS 4.1 and below will not have the “Advanced” step–if Advanced is not present go directly to Step 4 below).
4. Select the profile you wish to edit. (Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal (default), Phone Only, Off)
Note: on the 8100, 8800, and 8300 models: Do not click the trackball. Instead, click the menu key to the left of the trackball).
Note: The profile that is in use will say: (Active)
5. You will now see a list of all applications that can have a tone assigned (Browser, Calendar, Level 1 Messages, Messages (firstname.lastname@example.org), Messenger, MMS, Phone, SMS, Task ect..)
6. Select the application you wish to edit the tone / notification for
7. You can now edit Out of Holster and In Holster tones/ notifications.
a) Select between: None, Tone, Vibrate, Vibrate+Tone
b) Select the Tune you wish to use
c) Select Volume (options are Mute, Low, Medium, High, Escalating)
d) Select Number of Beeps (options are 1, 2, 3)
e) Select Repeat Notification (options are None, LED Flashing)
f) If set to Vibrate or Vibrate+Tone then select Number of Vibrations (options are 1, 2, 3)
8. Repeat a-e for each of the desired applications listed in 5 above