How-To :: Adjusting the Message Prepopulation settings.
Message Prepopulation enables you to define how many existing messages appear on the BlackBerry device after enterprise activation on a newly provisioned device.
1. Open BlackBerry Manager.
2. Highlight the Blackberry Server in the left pane.
3. Choose the Server Configuration tab at the top of the right-pane.
4. Click the Edit Properties link in the right pane.
5. In the Server Properties window, choose Messaging in the left pane.
6. In the right pane, adjust settings in the Message Prepopulation section.
Send Headers only = True/False Prepopulation By Message Age = 5 (Maximum of 14 days) Prepopulation By Message Count = 200 (Maximum of 750 messages)
7. Apply all changed settings. Close windows.
8. Upon Enterprise Activation of a newly provisioned device, the handheld will be populated with 0-14 days worth of messages, or 0-750 most recent messages… whichever limit is reached first.