1. On your BlackBerry, go to the Address Book.
2. Open it and click (or press Menu on 8100, 8800, 8300) to see SIM Phone Book.
3. Click SIM Phone Book. The list of your SIM contacts will appear.
- From here you have 2 options:
a) You may choose to highlight one contact and click to ADD TO ADDRESS BOOK
b) You can COPY ALL TO ADDRESS BOOK. If you have a great number of contacts, this may take a while, be patient.
- Please note that SIM contacts will ONLY contain one phone number per contact entry. Your BB Address Book will have a different arrangement with one Contact Name and several fields of information (Cell phone, Work Phone, Home Phone, email address, etc.) All you SIM contacts will copy to the BB Address Book as separate contacts. You will need to edit each, copy and paste phone numbers from one entry to a main entry. This is best done by syncing your BB back to a program such as MS Outlook where you can use a PC to more easily edit the address book, then sync back to your BlackBerry to update it.
- It is by default that ALL contacts from your SIM card will copy to your BB Address Book as “Work Phone”. This cannot be changed, you will need to edit the information to arrange it correctly.