Thanks to aiharkness and JSanders @ BlackBerryForums.com for contributing to this FAQ.
Time Zone Updates
BlackBerry devices do not change timezones automatically as you travel. There is no option to enable this! When arriving in a new time zone, you should manually set the time at Options > Date/Time.
Time Settings Options on your BlackBerry
- BlackBerry – Synchronizes the time (minutes) with the Research In Motion BlackBerry Infrastructure and not the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Network – Synchronizes the time (minutes) with your service provider’s local network time.
- Off – Does not synchronize the date or time.
Tips for entering calendar appointments in regard to Time Zones
- When setting apopintments in your BlackBerry for a TimeZone OTHER than the one in you are based, be sure to set the appointment in the respective time zone. You will find upon arriving in that time zone, and manually setting the time zone, your appointments will be at the correct time.
- The theory is this–If you travel alot, and say you live in NYC, in Eastern. You set a meeting for next week in Chicago (Central). When you set the meeting appointment, you ALSO set the timezone for that appointment. So if the meeting is at 3:00 p.m., Central, you set it for 3:00 p.m., Central. If you set it for 3:00 p.m. Eastern, then traveled to Chicago and your phone AUTOmatically updated the timezone, it would be off an hour and get confusing.